The International Forum of Young Performers (IFYP), created in 1969, is a European competition for young musicians organized by the European Broadcasting Union on behalf of the International Music Council (IMC). Since 2002 it has been called "New Talent".
The "New Talent" competition aims to encourage and promote young musicians through radio, by the organization of public concerts that are broadcast by Member organizations of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU). Candidacies from young musicians can be submitted either by EBU Member organizations or by any Members of the IMC and European Music Council (EMC).
With effect from 2003, the "New Talent" competition takes place in Bratislava (Slovakia) and is coproduced by Radio and Television of Slovakia, organizational unit Slovak Radio (hereinafter referred to as SKRTVS) and the Slovak Philharmonic-Bratislava Music Festival. Deadline for the submission of participation forms: 25 March 2012.
Criteria for admittance:
- Age limits (on 31 December 2012) are, for Instrumentalists: 18 to 28 years and for Singers: 20 to 30 years
- Each recording submitted must have been made after 1 January 2011.
- Each candidate will present a programme/recording not exceeding 20 minutes of music.
- These recordings may be made in the studio or during public concerts, whether as recitals (chamber music), or in concert with an orchestra.
- The stereo recordings, together with the information dossier, must be sent to the dedicated SKRTVS ftp server before 25 March 2012
- DATES FOR SEMI-FINALS and FINALS:
- Semi-finals for 8 candidates will take the form of two public concerts in Bratislava on Friday, 5 October 2012 at 15.00 GMT and 18.05 GMT (chamber music).
- The public finals will take place in Bratislava with a Symphony Orchestra and an internationally renowned conductor, on Monday, 8 October 2012 at 18.05 GMT (Euroradio concert).
For more information on the selection criteria please see:
in English: http://www.ebu.ch/musd/143487.pdf
in French: http://www.ebu.ch/musd/143496.pdf
You can find the admission form here:
in English: http://www.ebu.ch/musd/143757.pdf
in French: http://www.ebu.ch/musd/143766.pdf
The Member organizations presenting soloists will only cover the costs for unlimited radio and television broadcast rights for their soloists. All other costs (accommodation and travel to Bratislava for the semi finalists) will be taken by the host organizer and the EBU.
The jury members will be nominated by the EBU Music Group by mid-February.
I hope that you will be able to present numerous candidates.
International Music Council
Conseil international de la musique
Maison de l'UNESCO
1 rue Miollis
75732 Paris cedex 15
Tel. +33 1 45 68 48 50
Fax +33 1 45 68 48 66